Sadly, this was an easy question for me. I've been through a couple of really hard things in my life. The first was giving my son, Timothy up for adoption. VERY hard! But the hardest thing for me was losing my baby boy, Quentin. I'll give a quick recap for those that don't know.
My husband, Tim and I tried to get pregnant for a few years with no luck. We finally did two rounds of IUI and (woo hoo!) it stuck. We were ecstatic to say the least. I was getting a round baby belly and loving hearing our baby's heartbeat at my doctor's appointments. I was 20 weeks along and our ultrasound was here. We had told anyone and everyone to expect a call from us announcing the sex of our baby. We went in to check out the little guy or gal only to be told that the heart was no longer beating. We had to head to the hospital to induce labor so I could deliver my dead child. I was devastated to say the least. I had to be started on pitocin in the labor and delivery area where all the other lucky mom's and dad's were having beautiful live babies. It was a very hard 7 hours. On July 5, 2005 I gave birth to Quentin James Brunson. He was beautiful. He was teeny and not developed, but still perfect. We found out he was a boy when he was delivered. We had a memorial service for him and tried to move on. I couldn't for quite a while. I went through a very dark phase of my life. I hated God for a long time. And there was some serious depression involved. I only made it through because of my wonderful husband, family and friends. I know I am a stronger person and a better mom for having gone through this. But it's still a hard thing for me. Life just isn't fair sometimes.
Monday, September 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I'm so sorry Jacki..I didnt know. I am glad youre family was there for you. Love ya!
(((Jacki)))
Jacki! My goodness girl, you are a survivor!! What a hard time in your life, I'm happy your family and friends were there for you, I can't imagine the heartache.....
I can't believe I missed this post.
I am sorry.
Sometimes this life hands us some REALLY hard stuff. I am so glad to know that we will see and love those who have only been with us a short while in this life, again.
Love you.
Post a Comment